Climate skeptics 2002 letter to Canadian PM Jean Chretien
posted by Jim Prall, Toronto, Canada
I downloaded this list of signers from the 2002 open letter '02.11.25-letter%20to%20chretien%20from%20scientists.html' to Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien from 30 scientists, which had been hosted on www.nrsp.com. That site is currently unresponsive (2009-09-29 - it returns a blank green page), and the copy of the letter on the NRSP site was not archived at www.archive.org (usually a lifesaver when links get broken). However, another site's copy of the letter is archived
For the record, I'm posting this text, consisting of the names and affiliations of the signers of the letter. The text of the statement is also preserved at the archived link above.
These signers are noted on my List of climate authors and signers of climate declarations using the tag CA02.
- Dr. Tim Patterson, Professor, Department of Earth Sciences (Paleoclimatology), Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario
- Dr./Cdr. M. R. Morgan, Climate Consultant, Fellow of the Royal Meteorological Society, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- Dr. Roger Pocklington, F.C.I.C., Researcher - Bedford Institute of Oceanography, Nova Scotia
- Dr. Madhav Khandekar, Environmental Consultant, 25 years Environment Canada Research Scientist, Unionville, Ontario
- Dr. Chris de Freitas (Canadian), Professor - School of Geography and Environmental Science, The University of Auckland, NZ
- Dr. David Wojick (Canadian), Climate specialist and President, Climatechangedebate.org
- Dr. Chris Essex, Professor of Applied Mathematics, University of Western Ontario - focuses on underlying physics/math to complex climate systems.
- Dr. Kenneth Green, Chief Scientist, Fraser Institute, Vancouver, BC - expert reviewer for the IPCC 2001 Working Group I science report
- Dr. Tim Ball, Environmental Consultant, 25 years Professor of Climatology, University of Winnipeg
- Dr. Petr Chylek, Professor of Physics and Atmospheric Science, Dalhousie University, Nova Scotia
- Rob Scagel, M.Sc., Forest micro-climate specialist, Principal Consultant, Pacific Phytometric Consultants, Surrey, B.C.
- Dr. Fred Michel, - Professor, Department of Earth Sciences (Paleoclimatology), Carleton University, arctic regions specialist, Ottawa
- David Nowell, M.Sc. (Meteorology), Fellow of the Royal Meteorological Society, Canadian member and Past Chairman of the NATO Meteorological Group, Ottawa
- Dr. Sallie L. Baliunas, Deputy Director, Mount Wilson Observatory, Senior Scientist, George C. Marshall Institute, Washington D.C., specialist in Sun/Earth climate interactions.
- Dr. Fred Singer, Distinguished Research Professor at George Mason University and Professor Emeritus of Environmental Science at the University of Virginia.
- Dr. Fred Seitz, climate specialist and Past President, U.S. National Academy of Sciences, President Emeritus, Rockefeller University, New York, NY
- Dr. Art Robinson, Founder - Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine - focus on climate change and CO2, Cave Junction, Oregon
- Dr. Sonja Boehmer-Christiansen, Department of Geography, Editor - Energy & Environment, Faculty of Science, University of Hull, UK
- Dr. Richard S. Lindzen, Alfred P. Sloan Professor of Meteorology, Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Dr. Robert C. Balling, Jr., Director - Office of Climatology, Arizona State University
- Dr. Pat Michaels, Professor of Environmental Sciences, University of Virginia, past president of the American Association of State Climatologists and a contributing author and reviewer of the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- George Taylor, State Climatologist, Oregon Climate Service, Oregon State University, Past President - American Association of State Climatologists
- Dr. Willie H. Soon, Associate of the Harvard College Observatory, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, specialist in Sun/Earth climate interactions.
- Dr. Sherwood B. Idso, President, Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change, Tempe, Arizona
- Dr. Hans Jelbring - Wind/Climate specialist, Paleogeophysics & Geodynamics Unit, Stockholm University, Sweden
- Doctorandus Hans Erren, Geophysicist/climate specialist, Sittard, The Netherlands
- Dipl.-Ing. Peter Dietze, energy and climate consultant, official scientific IPCC TAR Reviewer, Langensendelbach, Germany
- Dr. Craig D. Idso, Chairman, Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change, Tempe, Arizona, http://www.co2science.org (signed afterward)
- Prof. Dr. Kirill Ya. Kondratyev, Academician, Counsellor RAS, Research Centre for Ecological Safety, Russian Academy of Sciences and Nansen International Environmental and Remote Sensing Centre, Korpusnaya St., St.-Petersburg, Russia (signed afterward)
- Dr. Asmunn Moene, Former head of the National Forecasting Center, Meteorological Institute, Oslo, Norway, email@example.com (signed afterward)